Actively work with the Boston Police Department and other Law Enforcement Agencies to improve the recruitment, hiring, and career advancement of minority candidates and officers interested in or already working in the field of Law Enforcement.
Goals and Objectives
- To secure all legal rights and affirmative action goals and privileges for minorities.
- Endeavor to improve law enforcement relationships with the communities at large.
- Evaluation of policies and programs within the criminal justice system and their effect upon the communities at large.
- To establish the free and rapid flow of pertinent information or promotional and educational opportunities which are available to all members and the community.
- To elevate, protect and work for the good and welfare of the membership and community at large.
- To encourage and aid in the enlistment of minorities into the law enforcement/criminal justice profession.
- To encourage the closer association of law enforcement officers in Boston and surrounding cities and towns; to promote peaceful community relations.
- To provide a fraternal bond between law enforcement officers from different states, cities or municipalities.
- To help improve the general welfare of its members, morally, spiritually, culturally and educationally; and to strive to serve in a more courteous, efficient, intelligent and professional manner.